News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
Kent Community Foundation - Elderly & Vulnerable Adults Themed Fund
Grants of up to £5,000 (£7,500 in exceptional circumstances) are available for local projects that address the challenges faced by elderly and other vulnerable adults, supporting people to stay well, healthy and independent and, most importantly, combat social isolation. For example, the Foundation would like to hear from pro-jects that:
- Give elderly and vulnerable adults the op-portunity to have regular social interaction
- Provide practical support to individuals liv-ing alone, such as one-to-one befriending schemes or transport services
- Provide intergenerational activities
- Enable older and other vulnerable people to use their skills and experience to make a contribution to their communities
- Offer activities that encourage participation in sport and physical activity or opportuni-ties to participate in arts
Deadline: 27th May 2016