News & Opportunities
ACE re-opens the Museum Resilience Fund
On 14 January 2016, Arts Council England (ACE) have re-opened its popular Museum Resilience Fund (MRF) scheme. The funding is designed to help museums face challenging times by increasing their resilience and sustainability.
The fund will focus on any gaps (geographical or otherwise) or development opportunities across the sector, recognising that excellence and the potential for excellence can be found in museums of all sizes.
In contrast to the previous year, MRF will require the submission of an initial Expression of Interest enabling ACE to make an initial selection of projects encouraged to work up more detailed proposals. Detailed guidance is available here.
- The deadline for expression of interest is 5pm on Thursday 18 February 2016.
- The deadline for full applications will be 5pm on Thursday 5 May 2016
To submit your expression of interest, register with the ACE online funding portal here.
In last year's Round 1, over 100 grants were made nationally distributing around £17.5m. In addition to this year's Round 2, a third round is planned for 2017/8.
MRF was re-opened for applications together with a number of other grant schemes, including:
- Designation Development Fund, funding projects to ensure the long-term sustainability of Designated museum collections, maximise their public value and enable the sector to share best practice
- Elevate, developing the strength, management and governance of diverse-led organisations outside the Arts Council’s National Portfolio
- International Showcasing growing new markets and audiences abroad for arts and culture from England