News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Paul Hamlyn Foundation Arts-based Learning Fund
Grants are available for charities, community or-ganisations, social enterprises and not-for-profit companies active in the arts and working in part-nership with educational institutions.
The aim is to encourage the development, use and sustainability of effective arts-based activities in education in order to have a positive effect on children’s lives and learning.
The funder is particularly interested in supporting work that:
- Achieves significant benefit for young peo-ple experiencing disadvantage
- Benefits primary-age children
- Taking place in areas of social and econom-ic deprivation outside of London
There are two levels of funding:
- Explore and Test grants of up to £60,000 (for up to two years) to help explore and test new approaches and ways of address-ing new issues
- More and Better grants of up to £400,000 (for up to four years) to help or-ganisations, or the sector, to deliver more effective arts-based learning
Deadline: 1st February 2016, 3rd May 2016 (More and Better); 1st March 2016, 1st June 2016 (Explore and Test)