News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
The Funding Challenge: Share and discuss your ideas on how to develop new or alternative sources of funding for the arts and culture
Arts, Cultural and Heritage organisations should be looking at new opportunities to diversify their income streams and raise additional funding from new sources.
New or alternative sources of funding on their own cannot be a like for like replacement for public investment, National Lottery grants or traditional philanthropy, however, they could help build the overall financial resilience of the sector.
This challenge is your space to discuss how cultural organisations can develop new or alternative sources of funding to complement existing sources.
- Many organisations have found creative solutions to funding. What lessons can we take from them? What else can funders be doing? Are there other models for funding that haven’t been explored or used enough?
- What are the new and different forms of investment we need to bring into the arts and cultural sectors?
- When It comes to innovative financing, where should arts and culture organisations be focusing their efforts? What has worked for other sectors?
- How best can public and private sector partners work with arts and culture organisations to maximise investment?
- What changes are needed in the wider funding culture to support the development of new funding models?