News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Islamic Art & Material Culture SSN Specialist Support Scheme
Specialist Support Scheme: deadline extended to September 18, 2015 (5:00 pm)
This scheme aims to provide regional museums with a toolkit to help them unlock the potential of their collections of Islamic art and material culture, using them to engage with new and diverse audiences. This opportunity includes:
• Scalable specialist support worth a maximum of £5,025 per institution;
• Help for institutions to identify and record collections, as well as define and begin to realise their potential for audience engagement through visits from specialist in collections and/or outreach and engagement;
• Creation of digital records of collections through support from a photographer;
• Tangible output from the scheme is required from each participating institution; this could vary from a physical, or on-line display to an outreach session, or professional knowledge sharing event;
• Delivery on a region-by-region basis beginning in the current financial year (2015/6) with West Midlands and South-East;
Details on the application can be found here. Please direct any enquiries to: email@example.com.