News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest.
Help shape the future of Kent's Community Mental Health and Wellbeing service
Kent County Council (KCC) is committed to improving the health and wellbeing of the people of Kent and to improve public health outcomes particularly in Kent’s most deprived communities.
KCC is faced with a challenge to deliver these improvements at a time when income is falling and spending demands are increasing as a result of demographic and other pressures are increasing.
KCC's new strategic statement, Increasing Opportunities, Improving Outcomes outlines their vision for the next five years:
- The focus is on improving lives by ensuring that every pound spent in Kent is delivering better outcomes for Kent’s residents, communities and businesses
The statement outlines KCC’s commitment to:
- Develop a longer-term commissioning view for public health which sets out how we will tackle the social causes of health inequality and poor health outcomes by imaginatively commissioning and partnering across the public, private and voluntary sector service to ensure the biggest return on investment for improving physical and mental health outcomes.
Public Health Market Engagement
KCC would like to invite organisations to participate in a Market Engagement Exercise with the aim of exploring innovative approaches to future service delivery that will contribute to achieving the Public Health aims and outcomes outlined in the strategic statement.
They are inviting organisations who are interested in providing services that contribute to the outcomes listed below to participate in this exercise.
· Increasing healthy life expectancy
· Reducing health inequalities
· Reducing under 75 mortality considered preventable
· Reducing alcohol related harm
· Improved drug treatment outcomes
· Reducing smoking prevalence and smoking at time of delivery
· Increasing healthy weight in adults and children
· Increasing physical activity
· Increasing school readiness
· Reducing suicides
· Improve wellbeing
Potential service providers are invited to:
1. Contribute any ideas, suggestions or recommendations for commissioners via email to email@example.com
2. Attend a Market Engagement Event to be held at in on:
Thursday 28th May at Kent Showground, near Maidstone, Kent, ME14 3JF
Friday 12th June, venue to be confirmed on confirmation of attendance
Places the event will be limited and may be restricted to one or two people per organisation to ensure a wide range of views. To request a place at the May event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 21st May at the latest. To request a place at the event for June, please email email@example.com by Monday the 8th June at the latest
Providers will have the opportunity to discuss their ideas, thoughts and suggestions directly with commissioners.
- Kent County Council Strategic Statement: Increasing Opportunities, Improving Outcomes, available at: http://www.kent.gov.uk/about-the-council/strategies-and-polici es/corporate-policies/increasing-opportunities-improving-outcomes
- Kent Joint Strategic Needs Assessement (JSNA) available at: www.kmpho.nhs.uk/jsna