News & Opportunities
Opportunity for museums to work with French partners
French organisations from Pas-de-Calais, Northern France, which would like to set up a cross border project within the Interreg France (Channel)-England programme.
These French organisations have cultural assets or heritage sites that represent a grand past such as Agincourt, the first folio of Shakespeare recentl discovered in Saint-Omer, the Field of the Cloth of Gold – meeting between Henry 8th and François Ier, the cultural centre for Anglo-French relationships in neo-Tudor style, the largest General Headquarters and cemetery for the UK army during WW1 etc.
The objectives of a proposed partnership cross-channel project would be:
- to explore new ways to present a common heritage
- to investigate new ways of interpretation
- to set up a network of cultural and historic sites strive to having public exchanges
- to study more in depth the influence of the neighbouring country on history, architecture, thinking
- to attract new visitros, in particular younger generations and out of reach audiences.
The partners would like to submit the Phase 1 form on 11th May 2015.
For more details, or to express your interest, please email Séverine ERNEST (email@example.com)
Chargée de mission Europe / Relations franco-britanniques
European funding officer / Anglo-French relationships
Littoral Nord de France / Coastal Northern France