News & Opportunities
‘Stop the Rot: An introduction to Collections Care’
The Association of Independent Museums will shortly be running five workshops funded by The Pilgrim Trust at different locations across the UK. The workshops are called ‘Stop the Rot: An introduction to Collections Care’ and the tutor is Jane Thompson Webb.
Each workshop aims to help museum staff and volunteers to be able to spot the causes of damage in their own collections and to introduce monitoring and/or mitigation strategies.
Participants will also receive a free delegate pack containing useful conservation items including: conservation grade dusters, blunder traps, pest identification posters, high quality cleaning brushes, nitrile gloves and copies of the AIM Success Guide – ‘Successful Collection Care’.
- Firing Line, Cardiff Castle (CARDIFF) – Friday 27th March (The Interpretation Centre, Cardiff Castle, Cardiff, CF10 2RB)
- National Football Museum (MANCHESTER) –Thursday 9th April, Urbis Building, Cathedral Gardens, Todd Street, Manchester M4 3BG
- Derby Museum & Art Gallery (DERBY) –Monday 13th April, The Museum and Art Gallery, The Strand, Derby, DE1 1BS
- The Quilt Museum and Gallery (YORK) –Thursday 16th April, St Anthonys Hall, Peasholme Green, York, North Yorkshire YO1 7PW
- The Black Watch Castle and Museum (PERTH – SCOTLAND) – Friday 24th April, Balhousie Castle, Hay Street, Perth PH1 5HR
Full information about all these workshops can be found on the AIM blog.