News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
Adult Learners' Week Awards 2015
Have you started getting ready to nominate for the 2015 Adult Learners’ Week Awards?
The deadline this year is very early, so don’t miss it! Nominations must be received by 5pm on Wednesday 17th December 2014.
In this 23rd year of Adult Learners' Week, there are some familiar categories (individuals and projects), one repeat from last year (employers) and one new exciting category (teachers, tutors and learning support staff).
Nominating is very easy - just decide if you want to nominate an individual, project, employer or tutor, and get nominating!
- You can send in as many nominations as you like
- You can re-nominate anyone that you nominated last year
- You do not have to be involved in the learning to nominate, so long as you know enough about the story to talk about it and demonstrate what impact the learning has had
- You cannot nominate yourself as an individual learner or tutor, but you can nominate your own project or yourself as an employer
The categories are:
- Outstanding Individuals: Nominate an individual learner who has made a significant difference to their life through learning, and who could inspire others to do the same.
- Inspirational Tutors: Nominate any kind of teacher, tutor, trainer or classroom assistant who has inspired their learners and made a difference. This category includes anyone supporting a learner in the workplace, even if they are not called a “teacher”.
- Great Projects and Provision: Nominate a project or other kind of provision that has had a positive impact on learners' development and helped people change their lives for the better.
- Committed Employers: Nominate an employer committed to using learning to develop their workforce skills.
To support you in your nomination, please see
A downloadable flyer is attached for you to print off and circulate, or add to your website.
Don't miss out! The deadline for nominations is 5pm on Wednesday 17 December 2014.
If you need any support or would like to talk about your plans or nominations for Adult Learners’ Week, please email or phone Amanda Pavon-Lopez (tel: 07812 159689).
Best of luck with your nominations!