News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
Arts Council launches Create journal
On 18 November, Arts Council England launched Create: A journal of perspectives on the value of art and culture.
The publication is part of the Arts Council's State of the Arts thought leadership programme and features a series of thought-provoking pieces from a wide range of contributors. They explore the vital role that arts and culture play in education, the economy, health, and society.
Highlights of Create include:
- Economist Howard Davies on the economic impact of the arts and creative industries
- Novelist Naomi Alderman on running from zombies and writing for video games
- John Major tells us why the arts are not an 'add-on'
- Neil Gaiman and Toby Litt going head to head on fantasy, libraries and the future and poet
- and YouTube phenomenon Hollie McNish discussing using rap to teach maths