News & Opportunities
Arts Council launches Create journal
On 18 November, Arts Council England launched Create: A journal of perspectives on the value of art and culture.
The publication is part of the Arts Council's State of the Arts thought leadership programme and features a series of thought-provoking pieces from a wide range of contributors. They explore the vital role that arts and culture play in education, the economy, health, and society.
Highlights of Create include:
- Economist Howard Davies on the economic impact of the arts and creative industries
- Novelist Naomi Alderman on running from zombies and writing for video games
- John Major tells us why the arts are not an 'add-on'
- Neil Gaiman and Toby Litt going head to head on fantasy, libraries and the future and poet
- and YouTube phenomenon Hollie McNish discussing using rap to teach maths