News & Opportunities
Here you will find all the latest news and opportunities from around the region and nationally. Just click on the 'show tags' button on the left under the calendar to filter the information to your requirements.
Security Review 'sharing day'
Accredited museums must obtain expert and objective security advice for collections at least every five years and plan to implement any recommendations. We are interested to find out if there are museums in west Kent who are due a review of their security arrangements and would benefit from a 'sharing day' with a consultant security advisor to help meet the Accreditation requirement. Please contact email@example.com to register your interest.
Takeover Day 2014
It’s not too late to get involved this year!
Please see below for some creative solutions that will let you get involved with the biggest national initiative of children and young people across the UK. It’s a flexible day and it doesn’t need to take place in November. But do register and use November as the launch date!
There are successful small scale ideas. Invite one or 100 children in to:
- run your Twitter feed for the day
- write a press release about something new that you’re doing
- design a Don’t Touch sign in a positive way or a marketing poster for an event
- be a mystery shopper for the cafe and see how visitors are welcomed
- write new labels for an exhibition
- suggest three changes to make your museum more child friendly