News & Opportunities
South East Museum Development Programme receive ACE grant
It was announced today (Thursday 25th September 2014) that the South East Museum Development Programme, led by the Royal Pavilion & Museums, has been awarded one of 9 museum development grants from the Arts Council England.
Together, the programmes will receive around £3 million per year. The successful recipients are:
- Bristol Museums, Galleries & Archives (BMGA) (South West)
- Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust (Midlands)
- Leicestershire County Council (Midlands)
- Manchester City Galleries (North)
- Museum of London (London)
- Norfolk Museums Service (South East)
- Royal Pavilion & Museums, Brighton & Hove (South East)
- Tyne & Wear Archives & Museums (North)
- York Museums Trust (North)
The exact amount of funding for each organisation will be confirmed in due course.
The aim of the Museum Development grants programme is to ensure that a network of advice and support is available for all Accredited museums, as well as those working towards Accreditation, no matter what their size or scope, so that they can maximise their benefits to audiences and communities. The fund will support a national network of organisations that promote museum development, and will also complement existing support provided by other funding agencies, including local authorities.
Click here to read more about the South East Museum Development Programme's plans for 2015-18.