Hampshire Military Museums Network
The Hampshire Military Museums Network is run by a committee of its member museums for its members, and is supported by the South East Museum Development Programme.
Membership is open to:
- Accredited museums in Hampshire holding significant military collections;
- Hampshire museums or other bodies with significant military collections working towards Accreditation;
- and public agencies and organisations whose remit includes the support or provision of military museums.
Its aims are:
- To act as an information network.
- To facilitate internal and external communication, consultation and liaison.
- To achieve economies of scale in joint initiatives.
- To contribute to policy development and strategy formulation.
- To help promote military heritage and the care of collections in Hampshire.
- To help raise standards in museum practice.
The next meeting of the Hampshire Military Museums Network will be on the 15 November when the Gurkha Museum in Winchester will be hosting the group
For a list of current member museums, please see attachment below.
To get involved, email firstname.lastname@example.org