About Kent & Medway
The sub-region is made up of 12 Kent districts and the Unitary Authority of Medway. There is an estimated 1,665,900 people living in Kent & Medway (Office for National Statistics), served by over 300 various heritage organisations ranging from museums to small parish history societies and groups.
The Museum Development Programme in Kent & Medway engages with over 70 of these heritage organisations directly and regularly, of which 47 are part of the national Museums Accreditation Scheme managed by Arts Council England.
Museum Development in Kent & Medway
The Museum Development team in Kent & Medway is:
- Joanna Low, Museum Development Officer (part time - 3 days/week)
- Samantha Bowen, Museum Development Officer (part time -2 days/week)
- Emily Nisbet-Hawkins, Preventive Conservation Officer (part-time)
The team is hosted by Royal Pavilion & Museums Brighton, but is steered locally by the Kent & Medway Museum Partnership (KMMP) network, led by the Historic Dockyard, Chatham. There are other museum networks in Kent & Medway supported by the programme:
- Kent Museums Group (KMG)
- Swale Museums Group (SMG)
- Dover Museums & Arts Group DMAG)
- Ashford Museums Group (AMG)
- Wheels of Time (WoT)