Training and Events
Behaviour Management with Young People in the Arts and Cultural Sector (Artswork)
Friday 21st June 2019
'Really useful and presented very well… Great overview of issues that can arise and how to deal/adapt them’ (Course Participant 2017)
This is essential training for anyone working directly with young people. Undertaking practical workshops and activities requires a broad understanding of youth culture and the issues surrounding young people’s lives. There are added pressures of working directly with young people at risk, one of which is having the skills, knowledge and experience to be able to support behaviour effectively and responsively. This course will discuss behaviour strategies, health and safety issues and risk assessment. You will also look at ways of promoting a style of engagement with young people that supports their wellbeing and individual needs, and helps them to succeed and achieve.
- You work directly with children and young people in the arts and cultural sectors.
You will gain:
- A better understanding of behavioural issues, potential causes and the best ways to respond to them
- Strategies to transform challenging behaviour into positive outcomes
- Flexible and responsive approaches to use in your own work with young people
- Share personal concerns and previous experiences in a supportive environment as you learn new ways to overcome future challenges
Trainer: Sally Clements
£150 per person, including lunch, refreshments and a certificate of attendance for each delegate.
ENYAN newsletter subscribers receive an exclusive 10% discount - subscribe here. Limited bursaries are also available- please contact us for further details.
Book your place online, or for advice and information, please contact the Professional Development team via email@example.com / 02380 332491
*Read our course terms and conditions here.
To book tickets, visit their eventbrite page.