Training and Events
Embedding Safeguarding Practice (Artswork Leadership Training)
Wednesday 8th May 2019
“Really excellent. The Trainer was really clear, knowledgeable and offered clear advice. I have a revised action plan for when I get back.” (Course Participant Feb 2018)
An Organisational Approach to Safe Practice with Children and Young People in the Creative and cultural sectors
Designed for those responsible for overseeing safeguarding practice in their organisation at a strategic level, this course focuses on a whole team approach to embedding safe practice across creative, cultural and heritage sectors.
You will carry out an audit on your organisation and create an action plan that will support best practice around safeguarding in your organisation through the delivery of policy, practice and the sharing of information. You will also explore ways of including young people’s voice to influence your procedures.
Places on this course are strictly limited to ensure a tailored approach.
- Those who wish to develop a strategic approach to safeguarding within their own organisation eg senior managers, board members, creative directors
- Those who are currently acting as safeguarding lead or are responsible for overseeing safeguarding in the organisation
- Those who have previously undertaken a child protection course
You will gain
- Ideas of how to embed a culture of safe practice
- Ways of including and involving young people
- Tools for disseminating policy and best practice
- A safeguarding action plan
- An overview of Designated Safeguarding Officer responsibilities
- Further advice and guidance
Trainer: Lesley Wood
English National Youth Arts Network subscribers receive an exclusive 10% discount - subscribe here.Limited bursaries are also available- please contact us for further details.
For more information on our open and in-house courses please contact our Professional Development team via email@example.com / 02380 332491
*Read our course terms and conditions here.
To book tickets, visit their eventbrite page.