Training and Events
Show me the Money, Oxfordshire
Thursday 24th January 2019
Location: River and Rowing Museum, Oxfordshire
A training day focusing on the practicalities of applying for grant funding, fundraising and writing funding bids. The focus of the day will be on 4 key fundraising themes – resilience, capital development, reactionary and environmental.
The basics of fundraising
- Understand the basic principals of fundraising, approaches to funders and the key considerations
- relating fundraising.
- Understand how to develop a project and create a fundraising plan.
- Feel increased confidence in how to approach funders and how to write successful and realistic funding bids.
- Have access to sign-posted resources relating to grant awarders and funders, as well as associated information.
- Have an overview of diverse approaches to funding projects from many sources.
- Understand capital redevelopment fundraising and the challenges involved with this.
- Have an overview of fundraising relating to the care and repair of Historic Buildings, and the
- specialist funders and networks involved.
- Understand environmental sustainability and the impact this can have on cost saving efficiencies.
How to book
Please book your place by completing this booking form: https://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/ADU0V/
To ensure fair distribution, only one representative from each museum can book a place on this training
course. Additional bookings from the same museum will go on to a reserve list. Places on this training
course will be confirmed by email.
To view the training programme for the day, click on the link below.