Training and Events
Artswork Essentials Package
Wednesday 16th May 2018
Combining three essential courses for safe working practices when working with children and young people, the 'Artswork Essentials' package is jam packed with up to the minute legislative information, tools for inclusive practice and creative approaches to promoting wellbeing.
Equality & Diversity: 16th May 2018
Child Protection: 10th July 2018
Prevent: 24th September 2018
This course takes place across 3 dates from 10am-4:15pm on 16th May, 10th July and 25th September 2018. Courses in the Artswork Essentials package can also be booked individually – for more information on each, please use the links below.
Show that you take the safety and wellbeing of the children and young people you work with seriously with three days of essential training.
Working with children and young people is rewarding, but making sure their experience is a positive and enriching one can be a daunting responsibility. Our Essentials Package of three courses will give you everything you need to know in order to design and deliver projects to the highest professional standard, protecting you and the children and young people you work with.
Our expert trainers will guide you through all three courses: Prevent, Equality and Diversity, and Child Protection and Safeguarding. You will learn how to build in, rather than bolt on, important safeguarding and inclusive policy and practice. You will be prepared and equipped for anything- safe in the knowledge that you have invested time to save time!
- Equality & Diversity Create conditions that achieve equality of access and opportunity for all children and young people and release their true potential.
- Child Protection & Safeguarding Know what your rights and responsibilities are when it comes to protecting the children and young people you work with from harm.
- Prevent Take the fear out of the Prevent agenda, and begin to apply it to your own/your organisations policies and practice.
- Developing your confidence in working with children and young people
- Taking your knowledge to the next level
- Demonstrating commitment to the safety of children and young people
- Demonstrating commitment to improving the experience of all children and young people
- Understanding policies in relation to arts and cultural practice and settings.
You will gain:
- An update on current Child Protection legislation and the Prevent duty
- Information on the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), and how to handle disclosure
- Safe Touch – information on how child protection guidelines can be maintained within more physical art forms
- An understanding of Equality and Diversity issues, and how they may affect your work
- An understanding of Arts Council England’s Quality Principles, which aim to raise the standard of work being produced with, for and by children and young people
- Knowledge of inclusive environments that value the difference in people
- Creative approaches to promote wellbeing
- Confidence in fulfilling safeguarding responsibilities
- Tools to develop an action plan for addressing Equality and Diversity in your work, and the activities you deliver
Standard rate: £350
Subsidy rate (for organisations based in the South East.): £270
Book online: www.artswork.org.uk/training-events
Advice and information: firstname.lastname@example.org / 02380 332491