Training and Events
LGBT+ Heritage Projects – Heritage Lottery Fund Briefing and Networking Event
Friday 9th February 2018
Classic Boat Museum, East Cowes, Isle of Wight
Would you like to deliver a project that celebrates LGBT+ history? Are you wondering how to build a strong project or where to find funding?
The South East England team at the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) is committed to helping support projects that investigate the richness and diversity of LGBT+ history and experience. HLF has partnered with the Classic Boat Museum and the South East Museum Development Programme to offer a special twilight event.
The event is scheduled to celebrate the launch of the Classic Boat Museum’s new display in its East Cowes Gallery about the extraordinary boating exploits of Joe Carstairs, ‘the fastest woman on water.’ The Classic Boat Museum holds a wealth of information about Joe's time on the Isle of Wight, including trophies, albums, press cutting books and many photographs and has redeveloped its displays about Joe as part of the ‘Hidden Heroes of the Isle of Wight’ partnership project, supported with public funding by Arts Council England. And it's taking place during 2018's LGBT History Month.
By taking part in the event, you can:
- Have a special tour of the Classic Boat Museum Gallery’s new display about Joe Carstairs.
- Find out about the Heritage Lottery Fund programmes that you can apply for projects that explore, commemorate and share the history of LGBT+ communities and their experiences.
- Hear some great examples of HLF-funded LGBT+ projects that are already happening.
- Get an update from HLF on how to access support for funding applications
- Network with others who are interested in developing LGBT+ history projects.
The event is free of charge and open to all. Light refreshments will be provided.