Training and Events
Thursday 11th January 2018
London Canal Museum
A one-day session to build mentoring and coaching capacity in the museums sector in the South East of England region, to support Catalyst ‘Inspiring a Culture of Philanthropy,’ the Museum Accreditation scheme and other sector initiatives. It’s open to anyone who is currently mentoring museums in the South East of England region (Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Hampshire, Isle of Wight, Portsmouth, Southampton, Surrey, East and West Sussex, Kent and Medway) or planning to do so.
The session will help you develop the skills and confidence to:
- Develop positive mentoring relationships
- Ensure clarity of expectations with your clients
- Use simple mentoring models to guide your practice
- Use key skills, such as listening, questioning and feedback to be an effective mentor
- Work within the appropriate boundaries of your role as a mentor
- Tune in to the emotional undercurrents of your mentoring sessions
- Apply coaching and mentoring skills in your own role back at work
As well as helping you to be a more skilled and confident mentor, it will give you coaching skills to use at work and will also introduce a simple group work method based on Action Learning.
This one-day facilitated session is preceded by a small amount of online preparation work.