Training and Events
Environmental Monitoring and Pests training day
Thursday 23rd November 2017
Venue: Canterbury Museum
Date: 23rd November 2017
10:00 - 10:30 – Arrival and tea/coffee
10.30 – 13:00 (including a quick break)
- What are the agents of deterioration?
- What affect does light have on collection items?
- Monitoring light and reading the results
- Controlling light
- What affect do temperature and relative humidity have on collection items?
- The effects of incorrect environment on collections
- Monitoring the environment and reading the results
- Controlling the environment
- Links to accreditation
13:00 - 13:45 LUNCH - provided
13:45 – 15:45
- Types of pests harmful to museum collections
- Pest Monitoring – types of traps and where to locate them
- Pest identification exercise
- Pest Prevention
- Treatment of affected items
15:45 – 16:00
If you have any queries please contact Emily Nisbet-Hawkins (email@example.com).
If you would like to book onto the course please sign up here