Training and Events
Creative Dementia Arts Network Conference
Tuesday 27th June 2017
The 6th Creative Dementia Arts Network conference is once again designed to deliver what past delegates have siad is an excellent varied programme that blends research with practice, lectures with workshops and space and time for networking and which, importantly, not only meets the professional development needs of specialist practitioners and many others working in arts and dementia but is also a highly informative event for those with a professional or personal interest in arts and/or dementia.
This conference will be of particular interest to
- Arts, dance and music therapists, community arts practitioners, arts organisations and arts venues
- NHS staff including Clinical Commissioners, General Practitioners, Clinical Psychologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Nurses and care staff
- Local council staff including commissioners, managers, arts and culture officers
- Care Providers including voluntary organisations, care homes, extra care housing, day centres and support services for people with dementia living at home.
- Academics, researchers and students especially those on professional arts courses
- Other professionals with an interest in arts and dementia including government agencies and journalists
- People with dementia, family members and friends – many of our masterclasses and workshops are interactive and leaders will take account of your needs. We also have quiet spaces available which can help you pace your involvement throughout the day.
NB Besides staff, volunteers are particularly welcome
Venue: Venue: Sheffield Hallam University, Charles Street Building, Charles Street, Sheffield, S1 2ND
For futher information visit the website here.