Training and Events
Peer Development Groups Information and Networking Session (Hampshire Solent)
Tuesday 23rd June 2015
2.00pm to 4.30pm
Chilcomb House, Winchester
This event is designed to give you more information about the Peer Development Groups programme and meet others who are interested in taking part, before you commit to embarking on an exciting 18-month learning journey with others who share your interests.
A Peer Development Group is a structured, supportive community of people with a common interest in an area of practice. They work together to learn more about it and to apply their learning to driving improvement in their own museums. Find out what some of last year's Peer Development Groups achieved.
Peer Development Groups use a variety of methods to progress their learning in their area of focus, including study visits, peer coaching, jointly organising training and buying textbooks.
We support Peer Development Groups with training in how to collaborate effectively and an investment budget of up to £500.00.
The new Peer Development Groups programme will commence in June 2015 with this information event. This event will lead to the formation of five groups, each of which will be supported for a period of 18 months. Each group will then be offered a package of support: The programme will include the following elements:
- Training in peer learning techniques
- A budget of up to £500 for each Peer Development Group to invest in expert advice, study visit, training course, seminar or other learning activity.
- An optional online discussion board where members can communicate between meetings.
- A concluding half-day event for all participants, plus guests from other museums, sharing learning, achievements and ideas for follow-up activity.
Peer Development Groups will be open to members of staff, Trustees and volunteers in Hampshire Solent museums.
Participants who decide to proceed with the programme will need to commit to:
- Regular participation in their group.
- Host one or two meetings during the programme.
- Share their learning through the Museum Development Programme both during and afterwards.
To find out more about the programme, network with others and decide if you want to be part of it, come along to this half day information session.