Training and Events
Dig it: Museums and archaeology
Friday 6th March 2015
British Museum, London
A one-day seminar exploring the importance of archaeology for museums.
The day will include:
- a panel discussion on the challenges of growing archaeology archives
- an update on the Treasure Act and a look at how museums can acquire treasure
- a funding Q&A with organisations such as the Heritage Lottery Fund
- practical tips on how to develop successful community archaeology projects
- how crowdsourcing is being used in archaeology projects
- new approaches to displaying archaeology.
An essential conference for anyone working with archaeology collections or on archaeology projects.
To see the day's full timetable, details of speakers and to book click here.
This event is in association with the Portable Antiquities Scheme and the Council for British Archaeology.