Ready to Borrow Small Capital Grants Scheme
We are delighted to launch a new round of ACE funding for small scale capital projects in the South East.
The South East Region has approx. £130,000 remaining in this third round of funding.
Applications are open for Accredited Museums to apply, the deadline for submitting applications is 5pm on 30th November 2017.
It is reccomended that museums who wish to apply do the following prior to making an application:
- Read the guidance notes below (Appendix 1)
- Speak with their Museum Development Officer about their project
What is the Ready to Borrow Grant Scheme?
The Ready to Borrow Grant Scheme aims to help museums have the infastructure it needs be ready to host exhibitions and loans.
It can help support capital improvements which enable a museum to develop its loans programme in the future.
Previous grants have supported fixtures and fittings to support loans, such as display cases, security provision, e.g CCTV, and building works to help develop spaces which can host exhibitions.
Priorities and Key Requirements
- Museums can apply for capital grants up to a maximum of £50,000
- Museums must be working within the Arts Council England Accreditation Scheme.
- Preference will be given to museums who have not had a loan from a National or Major partner museum before or been able to meet the requirements of GIS (this includes museums in receipt of Small Capital Grant Funding)
- Museums must be able to capitalise the related capital expenditure on their balance sheet
- Grants must be committed by 31st March 2018. Activities must have started before 31st March 2018 and any funds committed need to be spent and capitalised by 31 March 2019
- All receipts/evidence of expenditure and case study material must be provided to SE Museum Development Programme by March 2019
- Environmental impact must be a criterion in decision making, with preference given to lower carbon impact proposals. Museums should demonstrate in their application what the environmental impact will be
- Grant recipients must provide a minimum of 10% match funding in cash or in kind support
Applications should be made to South East Museum Development by 5pm on 30th November 2017. Send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applications will be assessed after the 30th November and notifications will be issued on sucessful appplications by the 15th December 2017.