Hampshire Solent Museum Development Advisory Panel
Take up a guest set at our next Panel meeting on 11th April 2017. (Venue to be confirmed) To reserve one of the available guest seats, please email email@example.com.
The work of the Hampshire Solent Museum Development team is informed and guided by an Advisory Panel of individuals drawn from the local museum community.
The Advisory Panel is a conduit between the wider museum community and the Museum Development Programme and ensures that their activities remain relevant to the needs of the local museums. The Panel Members, collectively and individually, act as 'critical friends' to the Cultural Partnerships and Museum Development Officers by informing and guiding the delivery of the annual activity plan.
The work of the Advisory Panel encompasses:
- Supporting the Museum Development team to understand the support needs of the Hampshire Solent museums community.
- Shaping the development of future activity plans.
- Informing and guiding the work of the Museum Development team by providing local knowledge and offering specialist expertise, acting as ‘critical friends’.
- Providing insight on key local issues.
- Acting as a ‘champion’ for museums in Hampshire Solent.
- Monitoring the progress of Museum Development activities.
- Providing an opportunity for communication with the wider South East Museum Development Programme.
The work of the Advisory Panel is open and transparent and welcomes contributions from the broader museum community. Two open non-voting seats are available to other colleagues at each meeting on a rolling basis.
Tuesday, 5th January 2017
Chair: Paul Griffiths