Development Grants Programme
The Development Grant scheme opens up opportunities for Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire museums and museum networks to meet the needs of the organisation/network, and also for individuals working or volunteering for BOB museums.
For example, development grants can be used to:
- Commission consultants to provide advice in areas where the museum does not have in house skills.
- Purchase equipment that aids the care and use of collections.
- Support collaboration by a group of museums to commission a learning activity that meets a common need.
- Fund activities that bring museums together with other partners to learn, share and develop common approaches to shared areas of activity.
- Enable museums to hold in-house events where external experts help them to find new and better ways to do things.
- Make it possible for individual employees, Trustees or volunteers to take part in learning activities outside the Buckinghamshire, Oxfordshire and Berkshire area, for example specialist courses or conferences.
We encourage applications for development activities that contribute to one or more of the four South East Museum Development 2015-18 key themes (see guidelines)
There are two rounds of funding. The first round opens on the 31st May and closes on 31st July, and the second round opens on 29th September and closes on 1st December.
An application can be submitted at any time during the application windows; however the training or development activity must take place after the application has been confirmed as successful and no later than 1 February 2018.
Application form for individuals, museums, partnerships and networks.