2016-18 Programmes Hampshire Solent
There much going on to help Hampshire Solent museums to thrive.
In delivering Museum Development, we will challenge museums to be more imaginative and creative, and to develop a clearer understanding of their purpose as golden threads running through all museum development.
In particular, we will focus our work around six key themes:
- Active Collections: Excellent practice in collections management care, access and interpretation
- Great Experiences: Effective communication of a multi-faceted offer, providing real life-long learning, engaging diverse communities and contributing to social agendas
- Better Business: Enterprising and income savvy, building relevant fundraising with a mature approach to finance management
- Strong Leadership: Pro-active leaders, developing a diverse and skilled workforce, addressing succession planning through continual improvement
- Cross-cultural: Brokering partnerships and sharing between museums and other sectors, especially arts organisations
- International Working: Helping museums make contacts and raise their profile abroad
Here is our programme for 2016-17, all contributing to the six key themes.
Our ambition is to strengthen and expand existing peer support frameworks, shifting the emphasis from primarily expert-led to peer-peer models of Museum Development. So you'll see that we focus on enabling skills development and sharing opportunities including mentoring, sharing events, Peer Development Groups, and networks:
What else is happening in Hampshire Solent?
Take a look at all the news, opportunities and training coming up in the Hampshire Solent sub-region.